Tuesday

THE NEWS

I had this big, long post written out, and then I read through it and I decided it was boring.
But basically, it was all about my year.

I wish I could say it was pretty eventful but I really don't remember anything of note happening.

We were able to buy a car over the summer. It's a little on the lemon side, but it works and I can drive on ice with little to no problem. I haven't slid at all and that's the best part! Actually, the second best part. The very best part is it's got a twin turbo so it's really fun to drive!  And I am saving a little on gas, so that's always a bonus!

Recently, there has been some major changes happening at work. Our company recently merged with another company and with it has come a lot of great advantages! I was just given a full time position as the receiver for our store, and also given a raise. Like, a big raise. There is also the possibility of me getting a salary position. (Fingers crossed and many prayers, please!) I never thought in a million years this would happen to me. It seemed pretty dead end at first, and it kind of was, with the way it was being run prior to the merger, but so far there has been nothing but good things that has come out of it. The new CEO is all about retail and making sure our stores are the very best they can be, which means he treats his employees like they're actually worth something. And let me be the first to tell you that when your treat your employees like they're worth something, they turn around and show you just how valuable they can be. It's great to feel appreciated.

There's not a lot going on other than that. Jared is still at his job and doing his best not to kill anyone. Or be killed, for that matter.

My ward is booming with babies right now. My friend Emily just had hers a month ago so if I ever need a baby fix, she's right there! Last night was their oldest son's 3rd birthday party and so of course I got to hold the baby all night. I could still smell the her on me this morning. I love it. It's the little things.

I got a tattoo. I still have mixed feelings, but for the most part I love it. Now I just have to work passed the thoughts of how everyone is going to judge me. With some people, I don't mind if they see it, but with others, it makes me a little nervous to see how they'll react. I've slowly been exposing it to my mom. I haven't heard anything about it yet, so I don't know if she's even noticed it. Only time will tell, I guess.

We've been blessed a lot, in all aspects of our life. And in ways that I haven't even noticed because I've been to busy worrying about things that don't even matter. Because that's how it goes, right? I am truly grateful for all the things we have been given, either by the hand of God or someone else. It's been a journey. Laid back and easy, just like you'd hope it would be.

No comments: