Wednesday

SMALL AND SIMPLE THINGS

I'm terrible at praying before I go to bed and when I wake up...like, the worst. I work the night shift so I'm also going to bed and getting up at odd times. I have the hardest time sleeping during the day. I go to bed around 8:30 and usually can't sleep past noon. And I am getting so sick of it. Why can't I sleep for at least 6 hours, especially since I've just been awake all night??

Well, this morning when I went to bed, like always, I was prompted to pray. But this time I actually did it. I asked (among other things) that I would basically be knocked out so I could get the rest I so desperately needed. God delivered. I went to bed at 830 and didn't wake up until three.

It might not seem like a huge deal but it was major for me. It was a major reminder that God still hears and answers prayers, even though I've been silent for a little while and it was a reminder that He still loves me. And He still loves you. Pray. Talk to your Father in Heaven. He wants to hear how you're doing.  He wants to know the things you need in your life. It's good.

No comments: