Saturday

Posilutely absotively.

Positivity is a hard thing to maintain. It seems like as soon as someone gives you the wrong look, your day is shot. I've been trying to be more positive as I've noticed I undersell things like how my day went. Maybe it's because I expect someone to feel bad for me, but even on days that weren't particularly bad, I find something to complain about like the girls at work just gossip and there's no unity or I'm not getting enough hours at work, or I got called into work on short notice, or my family is just the worst! But either way I find ways to complain about my life.

I recently had a conversation with a close friend who is just having a really rough time right now with her life in general. She's not getting enough hours at work and lives in a big city with little to no job opportunities for her and because of the demographics where she lives, she's under qualified for a lot of positions.

Not only is this hard on her, but it is wearing on her relationship with her significant other. She trying really hard to find another job but it's just not producing any results. Without getting into too much detail, basically her life is just about hell right now. As I was listening to her explain everything that has been going on I couldn't help but think I've really got nothing to complain about....yeah, wedding planning is stressful and hard when nothing goes how you envisioned it and it sucks to not be able to have as many hours as you would like sometimes but when you live with your parents and have amazing friends and an incredible fiancé, you really have absolutely nothing to complain about, at all. Even when you're having a fight with your sister over stupid things. Life is great. It's hard, but it's great.

No comments: