Sunday

Okay, here it is

So, as you may have heard, a wonderful family in the area lost their little girl last week. As luck would have it, she was being babysat when it happened. I've been reading the little girl's mother's blog and oh my gosh. I can honestly say I have never seen anyone with so much faith as that family. This unfortunate accident has been such a blessing, not only to the family, or even the friends of the family, but to the whole Mini-Cassia area. The stake center where the funeral was held was packed with caring neighbors, friends, and family members of both the Darringtons and the Osterhouts (babysitters. Also, my cousins. Minor details). I'll be the first to admit that I did not know Layne and Krissy (parents of Baby Jayci) at all. I met them once 2 years ago when I was visiting their family with Lindsey. She was dating Layne's youngest brother (who I've known for years) at the time. They are an amazing testament of love and obedience to our Father's plan. Of course, nobody can really answer why it had to happen, but little by little it is showing more and more the blessings coming from this tragic incident. From what I've heard, Jayci was the sweetest little hellion. She was gorgeous, and absolutely adored by everyone who knew her. She was curious and not afraid of adventure. She died doing what she loved, (which is the best way to go, in my opinion) playing in the water. It's going to take a long time for this to be forgotten, but she will always be in the hearts of those she touched. She is the perfect example of living life to the fullest. Even if she was only 18 months old. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i love love LOVE this family!!! i cant believe the strength theyve all had through this...it amazes me. layne and krissy are the nicest, cutest couple and i cant imagine what theyre going through. but if anyone could turn this into a good situation it would be them. the peace that theyve talked about and the faith that they have truly amazes me and i feel privileged to have known them. thanks for sharing your thoughts lar, i love reading how this has touched everyones lives...