Monday

NWA the Andrew Way

First of all, let me explain why I was in Arkansas. Because I wanted to be. Andrew was talking about it one day, and I'd wanted to meet his family since I met him. I've never been down south, I didn't have anything else to do, so I asked if I could tag along, of course helping him with gas was a plus. So there you have it. Here you go!!


Adventures I've been on whilst being in Arkansas!

Gentry's Drive-thru Safari Zoo:


There's a little town in NWA that is home to the Little Debbie store, McKee Food Plant, and the drive-thru Safari. This little Safari is home to all types of animals, from zebras and emus to bison and water buffalo. Most of the animals here are those that you would see on an African Safari. There are monkeys and apes, peacocks, prairie dogs, hippos, bears, wolves, lions, leopards, gazelles, and even kangaroos. Which are a lot softer than you would think. We spent a good amount of our time mocking camels and llamas. We didn't get spit on once...I mean...uh, we didn't have our windows down at all...we were being good kids like we were told....it was pretty neat and I highly recommend it to anyone who may be passing through the neat county of Benton, Arkansas.

Zebras are so soft!!


Wal-Mart:

Bentonville is the birthplace of Wal-Mart. Of course we're gonna go there! At night because it's a lot more fun. While I didn't get to go inside the very first Wal-Mart because they were doing renovations, I did get to see it. It was cute and old timey just sitting on the square. But if you've seen one Wal-Mart, you've seen them all, right? I did get to play the Kinect there, that was pretty fun. I lost the race of course, but I'll get better...if only we were an xbox family...*sigh* Anywho, I got to see Andrew in action doing his Wal-Mart shenanigans and even got video of it.
Found a pig head in the freezer. Gross.



That's Andrew with his brother Kevin and their friend Taylor. Hooligans.

Natural beauty of Arkansas:

We went on a few nature walks. The one pictured is at night, of course, because when do we do anything else? It was a lot of fun just walking around on the trails and exploring things like little wind caves, waterfalls, and maybe even a dam. There was a suspension bridge that they call Retard Bridge. They had me run across it while they jumped up and down on the other end. If you can imagine how that went, then you would be able to see why it's called Retard Bridge. You run like Quasimodo from The Hunchback of Notre-Dame. It was a lot of fun though.
This is how water falls at night.

Andrew's sweet face.

Kevin's butt.

Mandy picking wildflowers.

We went on other walks through out the time spent there that were pretty neat. The trails that run around Bentonville connect to neighboring towns like Bella Vista and will eventually connect with Fayetteville, which is a good 45 minute drive from Bentonville. Along those trails there are things like Slaughter Pen Hollow (bike trails) and Crystal Bridges, which is a museum that they are building. (Take a look at the website, it's pretty cool.) It's going to be one of the biggest art museums with huge amounts of money put into the art itself. It will be finished 11-11-11. I'm totally going to it as soon as I can!

Other things we did:

Ice Skating. First time ever. I only fell once.

IHOP in the middle of the night. Is there any other way?

Fayetteville is home of the best burger place I've ever been to. Hugo's. I got a t-shirt. We also went "clubbing". Willy D's. It's this dueling piano bar/club. It was deizzz.

FHE/Single's Branch. Lame.

Christmas was pretty awesome. Santa (aka, Andrew's mom) brought me a quesadilla maker and movie coupons. The quesadilla maker does AMAZING things with pancakes.

New Years was pretty fun too. I went to Tulsa with a few new friends. Andrew was not a part of the group because he went to a friend's party looking to get some. He didn't get anything.

Red Robin yummmm! for our birthdays. It's so much better here, in Boise. And we have campfire sauce here. What do they have? Nothing but weird male servers who treat the restaurant as their own personal residence. Creeps.

No comments: