Tuesday

the grass is always greener somewhere...

I think I messed up that phrase. Anyway, thoughts thoughts thoughts... oh yeah!

I've never been one to look at other people and be jealous of how good they have it. I appreciate the blessings in my own life fairly well,  I suppose,  so I'm putting a different meaning to the phrase "the grass is always greener on the other side". The "other side" I make reference to is the other side of trial.

I'm no stranger to trials. I've had my fair share of tests in this life and I know it's only a fraction of what I'm in store for. One thing I've realized,  even been told, is that blessings come from being faithful through trial. After all Ether 12:6 says "...ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith." (That's in the Book of Mormon) and it's true! The only way we learn is through being tested and tried. Sometimes it takes a few times for us to learn what we're supposed to, but we learn even more along the way.

I realized today that the grass is always greener on the other side of hard times. When we've mastered what it was we were supposed to learn, life is sweeter. We can look back and be grateful for those rough patches because it got us to the beautiful pastures we are in today.

No comments: