Wednesday

I got married

It was a pretty awesome day. I could not ask for better friends and family. I had so much help from everyone and it made things go by so smoothly.

Cue the highlights reel:

While working on some of the decorations, my dad slipped and cut his hand. We have matching scars now. And I can say with full confidence that blood, sweat and tears all went into making my wedding possible.

Allison was able to be there for all of it. I hadn't seen her yet since i got home from my mission and to have her there meant a lot to me.

I cried because I was able to have President Harper marry us. He has always been there, he watched me grow up and I've always looked up to him. He set me apart as a missionary, and he released me from being a missionary. It was really special for me.

It was cold! Of all the days in March that the weather decided to be unseasonable, it definitely wasn't our day. But at least it didn't rain. It sprinkled, but that's okay. Our pictures turned out really good, so I'm not complaining.

The reception was fun. It was semi-traditional. Definitely not traditional in the Mormon sense, even though my mom really wanted us to stand in front of the backdrop. It served as a good place to take pictures. We didn't want to stand in one place all night...it's the worst. We circulated the room and greeted people. I think we did pretty good at catching them all. Allison was the best! She made sure we were doing alright, checking if we needed water or anything to drink. I didn't realize how parched i was until i sucked down like 5 glasses of water! Getting married is exhausting!

The night ended and we just wanted to get out of there! The pickup truck was dressed to the nines! And it took forever getting the stuff off. As well as all the CONFETTI OUT OF THE SEATS! don't ever do that. Ever! It's really not a good thing. We got to the hotel 5 minutes after the front desk closed. We went to the Black Swan Inn in Pocatello. We stayed in the Mayan rain forest which was awesome! It has a tree house with the two person jet tub in it and a huge king size bed and two person shower. We didn't touch each other all night. What a good way to kick off the honeymoon!

Here are some pictures for all of you to wish you were there! and for those of you who were, time to reminisce.





























































 "WHY would I shove cheesecake in his face??"





No comments: