Thursday

Shopping

I am so sick of shopping for the mission. 
Don't get me wrong, I love getting all this new stuff, 
like shirts, skirts, and even a brand new pair of Toms!
Whaaat!
But seriously. I'm tired of it.
I don't like shopping when I actually am obligated to get something specific. 
Except grocery shopping, that's pretty much my favorite thing to do. 
Midnight Winco runs are the best. 
Spencer said something to me today that actually helped with my reluctant attitude.
"It's just a mission." He meant it so to say that I wouldn't be gone that long
but it honestly was the best thing I've heard in such a long time. 
I think it's because everyone is making such a big deal about me going. 
It is a big deal.
I'm a big deal.
But to hear "It's just a mission." Like it's just another step in the staircase of life.
Like it's no big deal at all was so comforting, so relaxing.
And exactly what I needed to hear.

But, more shopping awaits. Hopefully tomorrow will be the last of it!
I don't really wanna go.

2 comments:

Jessica Beynon said...

Haha! This makes me smile. I hope the shopping goes great for you...as well as the "just a mission". ;) I am sorry that I didn't make it to your farewell. I hope it went swell! I wish you the best my friend!

Anonymous said...

Laura, I am sad that I didn't make it to your farewell. I even felt bad enough to mention it in one of my posts. You will have tons of fun on your mission. You will show the world your toms and start and even bigger fad. You will be famous. I love you!